Takis Mavrotas is the curator of the Pierides Foundation (Pierides Museum of Ancient Cypriot Art in Cyprus and of the Pierides Contemporary Art Gallery in Greece).
His professional activity in curating art events started in 1987, with the presentation of the Natiolal Bank of Greece Cultural Foundation' s art collection at the 22nd Dimitria in Thessaloniki, which was repeated later (1988) at the National Gallery, in Athens. Then, he curated the following exhibitions:
- 1988: "Aspects of a Greater Greece ENZO CREA" at Μ.Ι.Ε.Τ.
- 1989: "Dimitris Mytaras retrospective exhibition" at the Pierides Gallery
- 1990: "Cypriot Middle-Age Ceramics, 13 - 16th centruries" in Athens, Thessaloniki and Kavala.
- 1991: "Ancient Cypriot Art Treasures" in Athens
- 1991: "The Frissiras Collection" at the Pierides Gallery and at the Municipal Gallery of Athens.
- 1992: "Yannis Parmakelis retrospective eshibition" at the Pierides Gallery
- 1992: "The anthropocentric character of Frissiras Collection" at the post-Byzantine Museum of Zakynthos island
- 1992: "New Contemporary Greek Artists" at the Delphi European Cultural Center
- 1993: "Clay and Plastic Artistic Creation" at the Delphi European Cultural Center
- 1994: "Clay and Plastic Artistic Creation" at the Pierides Gallery, the Nicosia Municipal Art Center and the Saint Francis Basilica in Rethymnon
- 1994: "Cypriot Contemporary Art through the collections of Pierides Gallery" in cooperation with Cyprus Bank at HELLEXPO '94
- 1994: "Tanimanidis Exhibition" in Athens
- 1994: "Cyprus: 9000 years of civilization", at the Municipality of Corfu (during the E.U. Summit)
- 1994: "The Frissiras Collection" in Thessaloniki
- 1996: "Cyprus: 9000 years of civilization" at the Greek Parliament, in cooperaion with the Cyprus Ministry of Education
- 1996: "Cypriot's course" at the Mamidakis Foundation in Crete